Friday, February 22, 2013

Project Life | Week 4-7

So I am just a *little* behind with posting my Project Life pages, so have decided to give the first few weeks a miss.

I absolutely and positively (as Lola would say) LOVE this project.  Yes, I know I could make it far simpler and less stressful on myself - but I so enjoy adding the embellishments, washi tape and twine.  For me it is an easier way of scrapbooking.  I don't remember the last time I scrapped a page, but I do know that I will be continuing with Project Life for the unforeseeable future.

I am using a combination of the Clementine Kit, The Studio Calico Project Life kit, the digi Mayfield Childhood Edition and also the freebies that I pick up all over the web.  I simply print them out at home, round the corners and i'm good to go.  My embellishments are an assortment of My Minds Eye, Echo Park, Basic Grey, Studio Calico, AC Thickers and then I use Ali Edwards brushes on most of my photo's.

Love Love Love.

Here goes (pls excuse the quality of the pics - not sure what the problem was) :

Week 4:



Week 4 started on a very bad note, with our darling Biscuit being run over.  We were all (and still are) so very very sad.  I used an Insert G to document my thoughts, and some Favorited pics, together with the pics of her grave.


Other photo's included are a vase of roses from my garden, the kids playing in their sandpit at school, and my first 'official' creation of the year - an octopus :)  It was also the weekend of Olivia's rainbow party, but you have seen most of those pics on my other blog already.

I am also trying to include a favourite quote weekly.

Week 5:


This week was a very ordinary week in our lives.  Nothing too crazy or spectacular, except that Daniella was home for most of it with a tummy bug.  Photos include the signpost at the 4 way stop leading to our farm, a self portrait, Pollyanna playing with one of her little farm friends and Daniella helping Olivia with a craft.


What I really wanted to capture this week was the photo of Olivia and I, both with our pearl necklaces and earrings.  A child after my own heart that one!  The 'Life is Better with Friends' was the gift tag on a belated birthday gift for me, and I love how it just works so well with my layout.  I also thought it quite fitting to include a card journaling just how much pasta we eat!  Dean makes the very best fresh pasta, and as I don't often cook on weekends, that is what we end up eating!  YUM.

Week 6:  


Another normal week in our home.  The *big* happening was that Olivia decided that she wanted to have her hair cut - short.  It now sits just above her shoulders, and she loves it.  We probably cut a good 10-12 cm off!  Other pics include Daniella's new collection of black & white prints on her wall, Olivia's new Naartjie quilt and my wisteria blossoms - which are flowering at the totally wrong time of year!  I lift most of the children to school on a Monday, and the conversations we have are something else.  Here I documented 'What Life would be Like in a Fridge", the topic of our drive home on that particular Monday.  Love the peek into how these kids minds work!

I included the packaging from Olivia's quilt as an insert.  Just a side note - if anyone has ever thought of buying these quilts - I would highly recommend them.  Retailing for R499, i used the R150 birthday club voucher I received to purchase it.  Well worth it.  It is soft, snuggly and so very warm.  And more than adequately covers a single bed.  Olivia drags her's around the house with her.


Page 2 photos include Dean prepping the bikes for the SHS MTB race, the mountain of hostel laundry I face most weekends, Daniella with her friends at the bike race, the double rainbow over our farm and a game of Hungry Caterpillar with Olivia.  I included the tag from Olivia's birthday pressie from my sister, as well as some journaling about the MTB race and my new found love of Pilates.

Week 7:


Valentine Week!  Not that I needed any excuse to pink up this week - I am sure you will have noticed that it is my colour of choice by now!

Pics include my freshly painted Pink nails (I never wear nail varnish, but these lasted a week), the valentine treats I put together for my family and Pollyanna doing a little Valentines Day shoot for me.

Most of the 3x4 cards were freebie downloads from AC, on which I journaled a little, added a pic of the Monster Valentine Day cuppies I made for the school, and documented the very hot weather we experienced on Wednesday.


The insert (Design G) houses more pics from the 'Valentine Shoot', one of Polly's teacher and also my journaling from the Special Valentines Day assembly we attended.  I received the 'Make Something Today' transparency in the Studio Calico Jan Kit.  Been dying to use it and i simply backed it with a 6x4 piece of cardstock.  Love how it turned out!


The rest of the week's pics are from the Big Walk that was held to raise funds for Pollyanna's school.  D&D manned the water table (complete with watermelon) and I, together with the other mums, walked with the kiddies. Such a fun day. 


I try and include a photo a week of D at hostel (when she remembers to take) and i love this one of her and her friend TJ.  Plus a photo of homework time - beginning to be the bane of my life as there is SO much of it - in Gr 2?

Journaling includes a list of the books I've read recently, a recap of our week and a note about Daniella. Journalling cards are all from the Mayfield Childhood Edition and the love on is a freebie from AC.

I also wanted to share some of the links I have to some awesome PL freebies that are out there:













And that's it from me.

Hope that you aspiring Project Lifer's out there found this post to be useful.  Please feel free to leave any questions in the comments.

Happy Friday all x

5 comments:

CathQuillScrap said...

Wow love your pages... you really are rocking this PL thing... keep it up. Thanks to for the links to the freebies... might just get inspired to use some on my pages.

cat said...

I JUST received my sleeves, have printed cards and am printing photos today. I am totally excited to start! Thansk for the freebie links

Darcy's Cupcake Creations said...

I so enjoy disappearing for a moment or two reading and admiring your photos of your activities.
Mwah xx

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I just sent Laura the Miss Tiina cards this week - lOVE THEM!

thanks for sharing all the others :)

Unknown said...

I just love this project life idea. The pink looks so cute in your pages!

Amanda Rose
http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com