Thursday, September 9, 2010

Team Up Thursday

This weeks subject 'Connection' was chosen by myself.

First up, as always, is Cat:

When Shayne sent the word "connection" as our subject I had all sorts of technological connections in mind. But one picture I took two Saturdays ago kept running in the back of my mind. A connection, of the family variety. These two are cousins and although you can see a family resemblance this picture is almost uncanny in how much the family genes run.

And mine:


When i chose connection (from my picture last week) i had visions of taps/electrical somethings.  Not sure what.  But when I sat and reviewed the photo's i'd taken after a visit from Grandma & Grandad, I knew that this would be my 'connection' photo.  This little girl of mine completely adores her 'Ma'.  She becomes her shadow and nothing is too much effort for Ma when she has her littlest grandchild with her.  I often think that she is by far the fav of the grandchildren - but that wouldn't be fair now would it!  Back to the photo - am sure that you can all see the connection between these two - and it warms my heart that this Grandma adores my child as she does.

It would appear, that 'great minds think alike' with this weeks theme?  I love how Cat and I are just so in-tune with each other - I love having her as my partner - thanks skat!

And now, go and visit the other teams who play along with us weekly and give them some feedback!

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

WOw, love seeing the similarities in the faces.
Sometimes when photos are taken from further away you lose that connection.
Well done, both of you.

Marcelle said...

Shayne, I said on your partners blog that I love your photo ....being a nana myself, this shows such an amazing connection that I wish to have with my grandchildren even with the distance between us....love it.

Cats photo with the cousins made me remember my cousin...we had a special connection as we were at the same school the same class and the same age..I was older by 3 months...when we were both 16 she passed away...

Andrea said...

Your shots both capture the theme beautifully and I agree that I don't think there is any electrical connection as strong as the one between hearts. Stunning heart warming photos - Well done!

Linda-Maree said...

Great photos - I like the fact that you both chose the "human" connection over other (electrical/water etc) connections that you both thought of - Just shows that it is "relationships" (people/friends/family/etc) that are important in all out lives...My partner (Mariette) and I are in our fourth week of TUT and we are loving every minute of it - www.living-one-step-at-a-time.blogspot.co.za if you want to visit and leave a comment

Lynette Jacobs said...

I love both pictures...but isn't Polly just the most adorable little thing! The love between grandma and child is captured to perfection.

cat said...

Oh we did really well!

Kerstin said...

OMG what a shot!!!! GREAT GREAT GREAT! you really "feel" the connection - well done - great captured....